Risk Analyst: Reporting, Data Analysis & Modeling (Business Intelligence Team)
Role combines knowledge of statistics, revenue management, risk models, and pricing strategies with strong abilities in data mining and transformation. Comprehensive SQL query knowledge a must.
Candidate’s primary focus will be ownership of end to end reporting responsibilities using SQL and Excel, Google Sheets, Microsoft Power BI or other reporting tools.
Candidate will be responsible for helping build predictive models, analyzing and manipulating complex data sets and utilizing advanced statistics to drive pricing, consumer behavior and risk engines.
Reports to Manager of Revenue Management and Analytics.
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards and databases for internal and external reporting needs
- Manipulate data sets and perform analyses to identify and measure key risk factors in option pricing
- Create sustainable, replicable analyses and models to continuously analyze new data points and feed existing models and backend processes
- Work with option pricing models to implement insights in to customer-facing outputs, i.e. determine optimal prices given a range of circumstances and team goals
- Assist in using machine learning techniques for data mining and identifying additional risk factors that will impact pricing and business decisions
- As part of the Business Intelligence group candidate will collaborate with Data Science and Development teams to implement advancements to product offerings, risk pricing, consumer behavior modeling and other systems
- Minimum 3 – 5 years working with advanced statistics, data modeling or econometrics with a focus on analyzing and summarizing large data sets
- Airline, travel, revenue management, insurance or finance industry experience preferred
- Applicable knowledge of revenue management, risk modeling, option pricing or predictive algorithms
- Mastery of SQL necessary - proficiency in STATA, R, Python or data mining and modeling programs a plus
- Ability to create replicable reports in Microsoft and Google suites using real time data sources, data visualization experiences a plus
- Effectively communicate with Customer Service and Development teams to create detailed specifications for technical requirements to drive business needs
- Self-starter, able to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
Join a growing team of highly motivated professionals with a wide variety of experience who have come together to radically change key components of the travel industry. Our company is well-funded and highly respected. Our concept is ingenious and on track to grow exponentially. Our work environment is invigorating and flexible. Plus we are located in 1871, the #1 technology working space in the US. On the Chicago River. It’s awesome!
About Options Away
Join Options Away® and be a part of a well-funded very fast moving start-up! We are a growing team of highly motivated professionals with a wide variety of experience who have come together to radically change key components of the travel industry. Our concept is well proven, ingenious and on track to grow exponentially.
Options Away® leverages the concepts and technologies of the financial markets and applies them to the travel industry, allowing consumers to lock-in the price of an airline ticket while finalizing their travel plans.
By engaging with intent driven customers while their flight is on hold, Options Away generates value not only through option fees, but also through cross-selling opportunities and big data. Options Away focuses on the B2B2C space by offering its solutions via APIs to leading travel brands.
Our current partners include: Expedia, Travelocity, CheapTickets, Orbitz, Kayak, Hipmunk and more!